Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Becky gets published!

John Osborne: "Asking a writer what he thinks about criticism is like asking a lamppost what it feels about dogs."


Becky, self-described as the "ancient one" published her opinion piece in the CW. Congratulations Becky! The hard part is to accept the comments, good, bad and ugly as they may be. I don't particularly care for the anonymous feedback section at the end of the column. I'm from the old school where you sign your name to a letter to the editor. When an essay I wrote ran on MSN a few years ago, they had a similar format. I was obsessed with reading the instant replies until finally, I couldn't take it anymore. They discontinued that format shortly after my piece ran. You don't see it too often anymore and it lends itself to all kinds of extreme comments. That said, any feedback is better than no feedback.

4 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Patrick Beeson said...

Your link is bad. Make sure to check them in the preview before posting. I believe you can re-edit the post to fix the error.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger carolyn mason said...

Thanks Patrick. I think it's working now.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Fr. Rich Hasselbach said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Fr. Rich Hasselbach said...

Now I know what that little garbage can icon is all about - I didn't mean to remove my earlier post. Oops. But in case you haven't seen it yet, Becky, it was just a word of thanks for a thoughtful, well written article that I enjoyed reading. I hope your younger readers take you up on your generous offer, 'tis what education is all about, after all.

Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home