Friday, January 14, 2005

Everything from Dave Barry to Ann Coulter

"My most important piece of advice to all you would-be writers when you write, try to leave out all the parts readers skip." (Elmore Leonard)


I have a feeling this is going to be a high achieving, high energy class. The team blog is not without a few glitches. I still don't have Joseph up and for some reason Emily and Buddy are up but not showing a blog and Amanda got "rejected." Justin figured out how to post his photo on "profile" and offered technical assistance to me. I'd really like you to post your pics. Christine has hers up too. It helps me match names with faces and adds interest to the site.
I enjoyed the variety of columnists you reviewed and hope someone gets a response from their email to the writer. As soon as you do, post here and win a prize. (I know, I know, how third grade is that!)
Becky showed a lot of guts by reading her piece aloud. She also sent it to the CW so we'll see how that goes. I've had a blast reading your CW pieces. The topics swing all over the place. Emily did a nice job with the pretty parking deck story. I'm riding by today to check it out. Cell phone misery is one of my pet peeves so I'm partial to any rant against the utter arrogance of cell phone users.
Let me know how your "rants" are going. Attack with energy, passion and of course, facts. Look for the unusual angle. If you are not sure about your topic, post on your blog and ask everyone for help.
Have a good weekend!

1 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Patrick Beeson said...

Sounds like the blog might be a good class tool (with a few gliches)! I'm glad things are going okay with this. Please continue to experiment with blogging in your class, as I'm very interesting in incorporating the results into my project article.

Also, I interviewed the person credited with popularizing the entire blogging craze yesterday afternoon. I would be very interested in speaking with your class about blogs, and what I've learned about them.

Just let me know. Thanks!

(Christine told me you mentioned my name in class. Thanks for the praise!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home