Thursday, March 17, 2005

Greetings from NYC

Happy St. Paddy's Day!
No, we didn't win the big award. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. However, another Randall pub, Truckers News won and so we celebrated that one and had a great time.
Celebrity watch. Sad to say, the only celeb spotted so far was (drum roll)
Michael Bolton.
And, he refused to have his picture taken with Linda (my editor) and me. Maybe because nobody in our "over served" group could get the digital camera to work. Or maybe because we were Neal LOSERS, or, maybe, and this is just a guess,
he heard me say that neither my class nor my teenagers would give a rip about a pic of me and Michael Bolton.
I'm sorry Michael, really. I hardly knew ye.
Ouch. Rejected by the Neal committee and Michael Bolton, all in one day...
But, there's still time.
Off to the St. Patrick's Day Parade,,,,
Carolyn

6 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger David Lee Roth said...

When I was in the seventh grade I got my first CD player and my parents gave me my first CD -- Mr. Bolton's "Time, Love and Tenderness."

And I've still got it. Whenever I'm alone and get drunk I love to drop that shit in the system and hear Bolton croon out covers of Motown favorites.

Did you ask him why he no longer has that huge mullet?

On another note, congrats to Sean and a better luck next year to Overdrive.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Melissa Cresswell said...

Michael Bolton: Yeah, well, at least you're name isn't Michael Bolton.

Samir: You know, there's nothing wrong with that name.

Michael Bolton: There WAS nothing wrong with it. Until I was about 12 years old, and that no-talent-ass-clown because famous and started winning Grammys.

Samir: Why don't you just go by Mike, instead of Michael?

Michael Bolton: No way! Why should I change it? He's the one who sucks.

Sorry, had to make to obvious Office Space reference.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger C G said...

Congrats to Truckers News. And to Overdrive: at least you got to spend St. Patty's Day in New York City. Woo hoo!
Speaking of celebrities and Office Space, I saw a guy that looked just like the Oh-face guy on Office Space. Remember him, "I'm gonna show her my oh-face tonight...Oh, oh, oh." I was in a bar in Hot-lanta Thursday night, and of course couldn't keep my "over-served" mouth shut about it. The guy heard us talking and screaming oh oh oh, and he came over to us and said that people have told him that a lot. Despite our obnoxious laughter, he was a good sport about it.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Emily Kornegay said...

I'm with Christine -- at least you got to be in NYC for St. Patty's Day. Probably beat the heck out of the green beer we enjoyed in Tuscaloosa. Besides, we all know who SHOULD have won...maybe next year.

How was the parade? See some great kilt-clad legs?

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Joseph Dennis said...

I also had a Michael Bolton cd. It was my third, following Amy Grant and Ugly Kid Joe (I don't think my Mom knew how ugly Kid Joe really was. She just thought it was cute that we had the same name, sort of). Anyway, Bolton is a no-talent-ass-clown.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger David Lee Roth said...

JD,

Anyone that'll call Bolton a "no-talent ass clown" has obviously never felt that magic that is "Love is a Wonderful Thing."

It jumps off the disc, scurries in through the ears, races over the nerve tracks and nestles in the soul.

Bolton rulez!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home